Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. Newbie here, I'm wondering if a 1991 SRV would be a good first sled. I found one for sale for about $1500.00 CDN. I is claimed to be in excellent shape. I'll probably take a look at it this week. So, what does everyone think?

P.S. This will not the first time i've ridden a sled. Last year I was lucky enough to have a buddy lend me his 2001 MXZX 800 whenever I wanted. He was not very concerned as he also had a 2002 MXZX 800. I'm just looking for a "budget" sled that I can pay cash for.

Thanks in advance,
Drew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check out this message board...
sacha's srv 540 message board
this is a srv 540 only board, lots of good info. if you could get it down to about 1100-1200 canadian it would be a good price. the srv is reliable for an older sled and parts are still easy to find. Ask your questions on sacha's board...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll hold out until the end of November to buy.
The local Cat and Yamaha dealers are both going to keep their eyes open for me. I know them both very well so I'm sure they'll find me something.

Thanks again.

P.S. the guy with the SRV was "out to lunch" and not interested in dealing on the price at all.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just wondering where this SRV is located???? Was is clean ....low milage?????? would not pay $1500 but would like to check it out!!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I had a 86 SRV and 84 SRV

27,000kms on the 86 SRV :D yes 27 thousand

GREAT DEPENDABLE,awsome in deep snow for a short track

Good on gas BUT the gas tank is rather small at 5.8gal

$1500 is a bit high but depends on mileage too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts