Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there ever made a backrest or have a used one for sale?

They are expensive at the stores and really doesnt look like they would be that hard to make.

any thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Why would you want one? In my opinion they're at best uncomfortable, and at worst a hazard. Riding friends machines I've hit a big bump and had the back rest smack me hard in hte lower back, taking the wind out of me.
Personally I would never had one on my sled.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you want one? In my opinion they're at best uncomfortable, and at worst a hazard. Riding friends machines I've hit a big bump and had the back rest smack me hard in hte lower back, taking the wind out of me.
Personally I would never had one on my sled.[/b]

well its not for my sled, its for my girlfriends sled, she wants to be more comfortable. So the way i look at it, the more comfortable she is the longer i can get her to ride for

·
Registered
644 Posts
The only way a backrest will do the driver any good is if it's custom made, probably using some kind of "suspension" to give it "give" as well as support. Factory types work to support a passenger but even in that capacity, are not really comfortable. The driver is likely to be moving around more than a factory backrest allows - since they are rigid- so I see little value in one of them for the driver. I suppose on perfectly smooth trails (what are they?) it might be another story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts