Snowmobile World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for as much information as possible on the '92 supertrack because I am planning on purchasing one. The dealer is selling one for $2700 CAD and my trail deluxe has become a pain in my keester parts-wise. I need the extra track for my go-anywhere attitude. I would prefer track, sparkplug and drive belt specs as well as if I could use the same fluids in both machines. Also, trade in value for my trail deluxe would be welcomed.

· Registered
71 Posts
The Supertrack basically used the same engine (488 fan) as the Indy Trail but the pistons had a longer skirt on them. Track is 156" long by 15" wide and had the inline block pattern. Belt and plugs will be the same as the trail. Both drive shaft and jack shaft have a coupler that connects then to the transmission (high/low and reverse). The early models (89 was first year) had no provisions to grease the coupler, and sometime after the Widetrack started production the coupler was changed to one that had a grease fitting that took a needle grease gun. Back portion of track suspension has a pivot point that allows it to flex upward independently from rear torque arm much like the older longtracks had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts