Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this sled worth looking at it has a new polaris motor with 100 miles the old one blew up
he didn't know why,  I just don't know anything about the EFI the shop said it is costly to repair but he doesn't work on that many any inputs would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
As long as everything is ok ,computer etc ,It should give you no problems as long as the Battery is fully charged.If the battery is weak you will end up rebuilding it again,Because Polarises Efi system will run lean if you donot have a good Battery.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If the battery drops below 10.7 volts it won't even start.

I bought my wife a brand new 92 500 EFI SKS and she put 5,00o miles on it. The guy I sold it to is still riding and it has 8,000 no. That was the first year for the 500efi anf it was hard starting. They came out with an electronic fuel enrichner you could throw a switch to engage but that still did not cure the problem. I bought an electric start kit for a standard 500 (cause they didn't offer it for that EFI) and put it on the sled.

I have a friend that has a 93 sks and she has 6,000 on it she had trouble keeping the battery up. There was a wiring change on those cause the battery would drain if you used the kill switch and not the key. I have another friend with a 94 that has 4,ooo miles.  If the sled will sit for any length of time disconnect the battery. Even with every thing switched off the computer draws a small amount of current.
If the brain box goes it is big bucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
500 EFI is a great sled. If the efi box does go bad just round up two mikuni 38 round slides and ripe the efi off of it. I have done this for a couple of people because the new box is over $500 and used 38 round slides are cheap and easy to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts