Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

If you are looking for a great set of sleds for you and the wife or you and the kids these are the sleds for you!

I guess my membership doesn't allow me to upload pic's. When I tried to upload it told me that there is not enough space so you can view the pic's here. Once I find out why I can't post pic's I take care of whatever needs done so for now you can see them here.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58775

I love these sleds but I want to get two newer ones so I am offering them for sale. They are solid as a rock, no tears in the seats. I had carbides put on them along with some other work that the dealer did for me that you will read later. The Z has one small 1" or so piece missing right above the right shock. I didn't take a picture of it so if you want to see it let me know. Other than that like I said, they are solid. They both have reverse, hand and thumb warmers bla bla. They come with the original covers which have no rips or tears.

The story behind the sleds and why I am selling them goes like this.. I have been out of sledding since I was young. Now that the kid's are gone and I have some extra cash I decided to get back into riding again. My wife has never rode before and she was somewhat skeptical of the whole thing despite my constant jabber about what a blast it was. So, I decided I would hunt down to reliable sleds and see if she liked it or not. My search turned up many sleds but these two seemed to click with me. From what I read on the forums the posters seemed to think they were excellent sleds for the year and I really couldn't find any major problems that people had with them outside of the norm. Nothing like the newer cat's that just catch on fire and come with a complimentary bag of marsh mellows :lookaround: so I bought them. Needless to say she LOVES riding and I have been authorized to purchase two newer sleds :christmas:

To say the least I have not been disappointed. I did had the clutches rebuilt since they appeared to need it. I had some bearings replaced and some other small items that dealt with the speedometer. I am not a tech person so I went on the dealers advice. I even told him that if I looked like it might need replaced or fixed do it.
They have never left me or my wife on the trail.

They are standard stock sleds with no buttons to push that will send your face to the back of your head as the trees you pass become one solid wall of gray. They are very fast for their size. I had the 580 up to 80 this year and she had more to give but I didn't :blush:

My goal is to come up with enough cash to buy two newer sleds. I don't want to buy two newer sleds while I still have these. I have seen a couple sleds posted here that if I had these sleds sold I would be in the hummer on the way to pick them up. Here is an example:

This sled is awesome! :inlove: I even have it book marked in case it is still for sale when I get the cash! 

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58454

Here's another one :sly:

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56863

Well enough of my ranting. I consider myself and honest and reasonable individual to get along with. If you are looking for a reliable set of sleds these sleds are for you! I will let you make an offer if you are interested but make sure that your reasonable.

I live around Johnstown, Pa and I am willing to meet you to deliver the sleds within reason if you make me a good offer. Make me a great offer and I may deliver them to your door if your town has some good antique shops and the wife and I can make a weekend out of it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
252 Posts
WOW i must say those are 2 very clean looking sleds. wish ya lived on the other side of the border. they would make a great starter his and hers package!!!! good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the bump team wisz

I really enjoyed these sleds this past year! They are a blast on the trails... I already bought and F7 for myself and I have a drop on a couple of F5's for the wife. I'll sell these eventually. Sooner or later someone just getting into the sport will come along and when they do I will make sure the price is right... :thumbsup:

It is more important for me that someone getting into the sport enjoys the sleds than whether or not I get what I put into them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back to the Top!! No reasonable offer will be refused!

You will not find cleaner sleds for the year anywhere!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much are you asking for them?I'm in Southern Western New York, just alittle over a hour to your area.[/b]
Hi LakeEffect,

Sorry about the long time between responses. I am asking $1800.00 for both which is pretty decent considering there condition. It's not fixed in stone but I am not willing to go to much lower. Send me a PM if you are interested since I am going up through NY next month to pickup a Firecat. I could possibly meet you close to your place and save you the $3.25 per gallon gas...

If your not interested then TTT :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts