Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on the wife's 94 EFI 500 and need to replace the front torque arm. I have one off a 94 XCR but it is 1" longer from top to the bottom rear. Will it still work? The dimensions otherwise are the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
According to my information it won't work. The bottom of the rear shock mounts differently on your efi than either of the xcr torque arms I've looked at. The efi rear shock mounts behind the lower crossshaft and is rigid. The xcrs have a pivot bracket that the shock swings on and the rear shock is probably different. Also the limiter straps are different between the 600 xcr and the efi. Straps are the same between the 440 xcr and the efi. This info probably won't help you but it does answer your question.

SWRules

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The swing arm that you mention unbolts and the mount for my shock is still made into the same spot on the 94 XCR torque arm. I was planning on reusing my limiter straps. Like I said the only difference is about an inch longer in lenth. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So I'm thinking you might have to redrill the holes in the tunnel. Probably up and forward a bit. This would maintain the same approach angle of the track. If you use the existing holes, the front of the suspension will sit further down, which would give you less ski pessure. The limiter straps are the same between models. You must have a 440 xcr arm. The 600 has adjusting bolts for the straps. Hope this helps.

SWRules

1 - 4 of 4 Posts