Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please.

I have a 1994 Indy 440 I bought last year just to play with and pull my kids around with in the yard. It was missing the suspension when I bought it so I put a suspension in it last February. I then shattered both ankles so I am just now getting back to it.
I was told that "if the suspension bolts right in then it should work on my sled". It bolted right in without any tunnel modification but I cannot get the suspension to move. Out of the sled it will move when you stand on it but mounted in the sled it just stays up. If you jump up and down on it the swing arm moves just a little.
I do not know what the suspension is out of. The guy selling it of course said it would fit the Indy 440 "no problem".
The shocks are fine. The front shock is not adjustable. The cross rod mounts are not bent. With both shocks and rods undone, the springs out, and all mounting bolts and limiting straps loose it still will not move.

Ideas please.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
do you have a pic? i can tell you the suspension and can help with diagnose the problem

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The rear is "I.T.S."

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Make sure its not 'collapsing' when you put it in, I've seen them get squished and not go back properly... there is alot of different styles for the suspensions that fit in these sleds, I had a 92 RXL, dad got a 86 indy, and I have a 95 xlt, they are all interchangable as a whole with each other, but are all different as well...

·
Registered
63 Posts
disconnect the rear mounting bolts and then see if it frees up. if it does you most likely have the wrong suspension in there. they will jam up and stop all travel as the arms try to pivot when mounted in the wrong position. not the end of the world you can redrill the mounting holes and use the new suspension. hopefully you got an extra 10 or extra 12 it will ride alot better. would be alot easier to figure the mounting holes if you new what suspension it was, or at least what it came out of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts