Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in any tips/ tricks/ add ons / adjustment that would add some speed to my 1994 Indy Deluxe 500 f/c I know its not exactly a power horse but getting 70 mph out of a 488 should be dooable shouldent it? , it goes about 60 mph now, has new belt, plugs, fuel filter, carbs are clean and runs great and is in great all around shape. I would just like to get a little more out of this sled either top or bottom end ( without sacrificing power in the opposite end to any extremes)
any reply would be great thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
There's a trade-off in bottom end to get more top. An easy way to play either end is to change chaincase sprockets. Go a tooth larger on the top or small on the bottom or both to increase your speed. That machine with the 133 inch track was geared a bit lower than the 121 inch tracked standard Trail so you could just go with that set-up. Since we pull heavy loads with sleds, I tend to gear down for better torque and pulling power so I go smaller top and/or larger bottom. It's the simple way to affect performance. I suppose one might get the best of both worlds with clutching changes or other things. I haven't played with that too much so I won't speculate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts