Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1994 Indy Trail with less than 1000 Miles on it. This sled seems to be in good shape, however, I have noticed the clutch has some corrosion pitting on the outer sheave near the shaft. I think these pits will cause the belt to wear out prematurely. I am Looking at ebay for some new/used clutch options. Are these clutches balanced units that need to be kept together, or can I buy parts? I did not see a separate outer sheave on any parts diagrams. Any ideas on how to best fix this situation would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
These are balanced units. You could take some fine sandpaper or scotchbrite and hit those pitted and rusted areas but from what I see you will not be able to restore it to nearly new as the pitting looks pretty bad but it might be worth a shot. If that doesn't work you will be better off buying a new clutch on ebay or other best deal. JMO.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That clutch looks like a belt eater. I would seriously look to replace it. At $50-60 for a belt verses under $100 for a good used clutch on ebay to make that belt last.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts