Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have a 1994 Indy Trail Deluxe 488 f/c and I was wondering what the best general clutch spring set up it ( colors front/back)
and also if anyone has had any improvent by switching from 230 to 220 main jets. i will be primarily riding trails in +5 to -20 deg. celc. weather

any comments would be appreciated thanks
also any other tips about anyhitng to do with this sled would be apprecited

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also does anyone know of any airbox mods that would help ( e.g taking out one of the filters )

ANY other tips for more performance?????

·
Registered
644 Posts
Josh,

If I recall correctly the standard springs are red/white on both clutches and the stock are fine all around. The bigger issue is whether the clutches are in good condition. That can affect performance. Your jetting is probably about right at 220 for those temps unless you are considerably above 2500 feet. Going lower could get you into trouble as the air gets denser and the engien runs leaner. Same deal at the low end of the temp range. Keep an eye on your plugs and crowns as you get lean.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do not pull anything out of your air box if you do one cylinder could suck more are then the other one cause the other cylinder not to have to correct air fuel mixture causing it to lean out which could mean melt down and you would be looking at a new pistion possible 2 if the cylinder is scard not worth the chance. as for the jetting that sounds correct i would have to look it up in my book to be totally correct. but sound pretty close. and i think i left a reply about clutch springs etc. on your other post. regards cam hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts