Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the new RK Tech head for my 1994 Mach Z...Compression will be 13 to 1 and will run on 91 Octane gas...this combination with the Race Logic porting, M-10 suspension should make this a great trail set-up...I will keep you posted on how it works when the snow starts to fly...Al.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Race logic Sport port template on the way too , i will post result when im done ...

As for the head mod im going to change base cylinder gasket to 0.06 and cut head to keep the same compression ( maybe remove 0.01 more better compression ).

Don't have the money for Rk tech head ....

I'm a bit concerned about using Race logic template AND at the same time change exhaust port timing by raising my cylinder .... I want the exhaust port spec to be as close as possible to the crank shop trail pipes spec i will be using.

Can someone tell me what to do ? only porting , only raise cylinder/head mod or both.

Thanks
:sleepy:

·
Registered
756 Posts
mild port w/ jaws pipes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Race Logics exhaust port template will raise the port about 1.5mm but the big difference is that the port is widened alot...the exhaust transfer ports are not really raised very much but they are widened quite a bit...the exhaust transfer ports are a real pistol to do, you will need a right angle grinder to get to them...C.C. Specialty of Lawrenceburg, TN., Phone Number 931-762-5165 have everything you need to do the porting but plan on spending some money for these tools...You need to talk to Bill Cudney about shimming your cylinders and shaving the head, he has a good recipe for this...You can do both...RK Head is $435.00, a direct bolt on, the power band is right where it needs to be for trail riding without raising the cylinders, and should be very reliable... Hope this helps...Al.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts