Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I was just told that RTK now has one that is a true Hemisrherical chamber similer to the twin head they produce.
Caleb

·
Registered
0 Posts
Stock, Union Bay in lower right and RKT in lower left.

Not a big huge car finatic but wasn't one of the significant
characteristics of the old Hemi motor of the past the design
of the combustion chamber?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maluchm: The Hemi Head design was used by chrysler/dodge back in the 1950,s...346,426 hemis, fords 429 semi-hemi in the 60,s this head design works very well...I talked with RTK and they are cutting a 780 head as we speak...they had a question about the deck height to the outside edge of the piston...they thought it was .30 , I told them that ski-doo has a number of different thickness base gaskets...We talked about cooling issues...any info anybody can give them about what works for cooling especially the PTO cyl. would help them...RTK really would like to see how much interest there is from ski-doo owners in this project...Estimate price will probably be over 500.00 for the head

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
don't forget the desoto's or 392's ,al.
were they asking to find out the squish? they do make differant base gaskets but that also changes your port timing which is not always good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
He asks for Deck heigth, piston crow drop and equivilent
crown angle. Also what the machine is set-up at now (mods)
and what it's intended purpose is. Fuel used/desired. And the elavation that you ride at. Amongst others most likely.
Not just a Solder test.  

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
sOUNDS LIKE HE'LL GIVE US PRODUCT THAT WILL PERFORM AND NOT HURT THE MOTOR. mOST COMPANIES JUST SELL THE STUFF AND DON'T ASK ABOUT OUR SLEDS. nICE TO SEE A CHANGE.
cALEB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts