Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to this sport. Just bought a cheap 1994 STX with no brake caliper. It has later years 95-99, 121" suspension and suspect the chain case has also been replaced with a 95 Summit 670. Looks just like a few I viewed on Ebay. Figuring out the suspension change was a pain.
Is there a manual caliper that will fit this approx 3.5" mounting flange on the chain case? Or should I just go with a piston? I appreciate any comments.
Also, my jets are the 340/350. 350 on the Mag side? I've read many comments on jetting and wondering which position (1-5) the needles should be at for these jets. Also would appreciate knowing the best spark plug to run in this machine.
Thanks All, great forum!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Since the brake assembly bolts to the top of the chain case, I would think your choices would be limited to what ever will bolt up.

What motor is is that? Also the 670? Or is the 462 (470)? 470 was the motor that came in the 94 STX and should have 280-Mag, 290-PTO. Carbs are VM-34-433/4
Knowing which carbs are important as well.

I know the 670's had several different carbs and jetting. Summits had HAC and are jetted differently. Even the Mach1 670 differed from Grand Touring 670 motors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts