Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people I got a question that no ski-doo dealer/mechanic even can answer...
why in the 94 and around Formula STX does it show to gap the BR9ES to .016 instead of the .020 or so they come out of the NGK box with..do you know why??
I have run it this way because this is what I have read from ski-doo specs. and the NGK site shows to gap them @ etc. just wonder why? I would think that wouldnt help seeings how the 583 loves to foul plugs as it is :p any info?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
You have to gap the RV engines at 16-18thou it says right in your SkiDoo manual

the ones you buy at a store are "about" 30thou

My 583 would foul plugs right and left when they were not gapped it would foul

My bros used my sled one year(I torn a legiment) and kept fouling the plugs(over a dozen),he was too lazy to gap them

Next season,when I was able to ride I gapped them at 16thou and did not foul one plug

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to gap the RV engines at 16-18thou it says right in your SkiDoo manual

the ones you buy at a store are "about" 30thou

My 583 would foul plugs right and left when they were not gapped it would foul

My bros used my sled one year(I torn a legiment) and kept fouling the plugs(over a dozen),he was too lazy to gap them

Next season,when I was able to ride I gapped them at 16thou and did not foul one plug[/b]
OK I noticed that when I was trying both ways but thought it was just me,and I have had the same set in since last year so I guess I'll leave it at .018 thats what I got it at..

hey nice pic in your sig.!
pretty sad I live in Maine and havent left the lake because of lack of snow!!!!
if I head up north 4-5 hours they have snow ..but years ago I could ride all day from my yard :cussing:

THANKS

·
Registered
193 Posts
hey people I got a question that no ski-doo dealer/mechanic even can answer...
why in the 94 and around Formula STX does it show to gap the BR9ES to .016 instead of the .020 or so they come out of the NGK box with..do you know why??
I have run it this way because this is what I have read from ski-doo specs. and the NGK site shows to gap them @ etc. just wonder why? I would think that wouldnt help seeings how the 583 loves to foul plugs as it is :p any info?
[/quote
My 98MXZ670 gap is .016/.018 The shop that rebuilt my engine set my plug gap at .030, did not know thet they were set at .030, I set them to .018, and I get twice the gas mileage, and they are burning way better color. Crash Dummy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts