Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I bought a 1994 Yamaha Venture with 14 000 km on it.  It was dealer serviced and is in great shape.  Unfortunately it needs a new 151 inch track which will cost $700.00.  Do I sell it or spend the money?  Your opinions please...especially from those who run the 485 Phazer/Venture fan cooled motor.  Thanks!  

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
go for the track if its still running good, why not??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just checked over at Tracks USA and they have a 1.25x151x15 for 499.00. Add in about 20-25 for shipping depending on your location and you're about 200 to the good.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Burky @ Aug. 21, 2002, 9:22pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just checked over at Tracks USA and they have a 1.25x151x15 for 499.00. Add in about 20-25 for shipping depending on your location and you're about 200 to the good.[/b][/quote]
Is that US dollars? klik, try Royal Distributing. I'm assuming you're Canadian as you said the sled had 14,000 kms on it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Revrnd, your good at conversions, tell me how much 14,000 kms is in miles, the phazers engines will go 10,000 miles without any major problems  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
8700 miles.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ist it a 141 track,i dont think the venture has a 151.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Stock I don't think they came with anything longer than 136 but who knows what has been put on the sled in the land of powder.
Caleb

·
Registered
259 Posts
I ride in Quebec and up there I have seen some sleds with some serious miles on them. You are talking about a 94 and I don't know about those motors but I can tell you that the new ventures with the triple/single motors in them are bullet proof. I have seen many of these in Quebec with more than 35000km on them. Thats rediculous! What are these people doing to keep their sleds together for so long? I'm not sure if the 94 was as well built of a motor as the new triples though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info guys!  I'm going to take your collective advice and purchase a new track at Royal Distributing during a grand opening sale.  It will cost $699.00 in Canadian Funds but I get to save the tax during that week-end.  My Venture is a 151 inch Trapper model.  It should be awesome in the snow but it was just ok last year due to the worn rubber.  I hope the 1.2 inch height fits on that model.  Chow!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
does that mean your going to the supertrax show in oct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, actually they are opening a new store in Sudbury, Ontario and on the weekend of September  20th everything purchased can be done so with no tax.  Their phone number is (705) 690-9874 if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sounds good but i thought that store was already open,i was in sudbury this summer and saw the royal sign.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are correct indeed.  It's open now but supposedly the grand opening sale is at the end of the month perhaps to kick off the fall season.  All I know is that I'm going to save $100.00!!!!!!!
Ye hah or is it Ai eeeee!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
gotta love the no tax thing lol,thats why i go to the supertrax show,no tax and free shipping,i try to get all my goods there every year

1 - 18 of 18 Posts