Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently like really bad last time i rode was yesterday, my headlights and taillights and gauges flicker on and off badly and seems to stutter alot also while this happens...Seems to flicker badly and sometimes go off for a sec or 2 and then machine backfires...Everyone says stators either work or they dont. Well this seems to be a stator problem to me since its losing power to everything but yet it still works, just does it alot and pretty much the whole 50 ride. Seems to have gotten progressively worse over last few rides. Checked all grounds and all are tight and good. So question is again, can a stator actually be going bad and not completely bad yet. also went through wiring and all seems good. So im leanin towards stator since its affecting ignition coil as well as all other electrical

·
Registered
28 Posts
recently like really bad last time i rode was yesterday, my headlights and taillights and gauges flicker on and off badly and seems to stutter alot also while this happens...Seems to flicker badly and sometimes go off for a sec or 2 and then machine backfires...Everyone says stators either work or they dont. Well this seems to be a stator problem to me since its losing power to everything but yet it still works, just does it alot and pretty much the whole 50 ride. Seems to have gotten progressively worse over last few rides. Checked all grounds and all are tight and good. So question is again, can a stator actually be going bad and not completely bad yet. also went through wiring and all seems good. So im leanin towards stator since its affecting ignition coil as well as all other electrical[/b]

definitely a stator problem, i had a 94 zr580 that the lightings of it would flicker and finally they all died, if all wires are good and the problem is intermittent then most likely a stator.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Could be the stator ,sounds like a short to ground caused from a wire. I would pull the seat & check the wires where they bend down the tunnel to the regulator, mine wore through there & had similar problems.

I would do as recomended above first , unhook the wiring harness & wire the cdi so it will still run , if the problem goes away then start checking the wiring harness if it persists start checking wires going back to the stator....

Devo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts