Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to the forum I'm looking to upgrade my track and suspension on my 1995 skidoo mach z 780 I would like to upgrade to a sc10-2 or sc10-3 with a 136 first question do I need to extend the tunnel? And is the 2 or 3 better ? Is either one a direct fit? Lug height? No studs Do I need to upgrade gearing? Most of my riding will be in soft powder. Sorry for all the questions still kinda new in the mach z world lol

·
Super Moderator
16 Posts
I put a 2 into a 95 Formula S and it was bolt in exact fit. Not a 136 mind you though. The 3 will be different bolt holes though as they were different. As for length, I put a 128" track in a 04' Zr900 efi and it fit but just barely and when the suspension moved to the end of the travel the studs would sometimes bang a bit on the end of the tunnel and catch it (and bent it as a result a little.. not enough to worry about but it did it as a fyi)

·
Super Moderator
16 Posts
Go with the manufacturer recommendations for your type of riding. Personally I have never had to select a 1.25 for a replacement track. And I have a 14' ZR8000 lxr which still has the stock track on it which I believe is 1.25 of some type. I do have 168 studs in it though. Plenty of traction on those icy UP bends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts