Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WONEDERING IF THIS IS A GOOD SLED FOR THE TRAILS AND IN OPEN FEILDS TO RIDE JUST PICKED IT UP? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY COMMENTS OR EXPIERENCES WITH THIS SLED

·
Registered
442 Posts
they are for the most part reliable sleds its just really hard to keep a clutch on that 700 motor they need to be rebuilt every 1000-1500 miles

·
Registered
428 Posts
One peice of advice is to always have a good battery andhave it at full charge, dead battery=dead sled and i know that from experience.i think you will enjoy the sled alot remember being a cat one ups you on the other brands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats right efi that is the only thing i'm not to excited about! anybody know where i can get some snow???

·
Registered
757 Posts
Unless you're a cronic wrench that needs to tinker, you'll love the EFI.  Yes, the battery is critical but if it's fully charged and in good shape when you install it in the fall, you won't have any problems.  The 700 is a good, strong motor but as mentioned, it eats clutches.  1000-1500 miles is about all I ever got out of my clutch.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Spend the money and get the small batery tender model. I know a few guys that are very happy they did on there zr's and polaris efi's.
Caleb

·
Registered
757 Posts
I just read an article in one of the mags that reviewed a devise like that.  It keeps the battery fresh during inactivity.
I agree it looks like it would be a good thing to invest in and wouldn't take long to pay for its self.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The reason you'll want the battery tender is because the battery is only charged wheb the motor is running. So an electrical draw will draw power and if you do a long mid speed cruise the battery can't charge fully sometimes. They are not much money like 20-40 bucks. You'll be very glad that you did. It also keeps the battery healthy which makes it last longer.
caleb

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I KNOW WHAT YOU AE TALKING ABOUT! I SEEN THEM AROUND FOR 8 BUCKS. THAT IS DEFFINETLY WORHT IT THANKS .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts