Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1995 zrt 800 when you start it it floods all the time if you can get it on a stand and run it right away it will stay going but just to start and let warm up will flood in 10-15 sec could my pilot jet be to rich it has a 35 in it

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have a 1995 zrt 800 when you start it it floods all the time if you can get it on a stand and run it right away it will stay going but just to start and let warm up will flood in 10-15 sec could my pilot jet be to rich it has a 35 in it[/b]
I'm no carb expert... but is it possible the floats are sticking in the carbs? Possibly got gummed up from sitting all summer? Take em off and clean em up....see what happens after that. If its still doing it, than its possible your jets could be too rich. I dunno...trying to throw another idea at ya, thats all. :lookaround:
My old man is the carb guy.....I'll haveta ask him what he thinks later.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
More than likely the float needle seats are leaking.

A sled of that vintage it may be worth the time to do a carb tear-down and rebuild

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
forgot to mention that it has new needle and seats and when it floods it is not all cyclinders usually just one but not allways the same one

·
10,054 Posts
I agree with the choke plungers sticking,,, they get a little water in them and the spring rusts,,, then they are stuck. Carb cleaning is easy,,, pull all 3 of them and clean them up real good,,, replace worn parts, synch them and pop them back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts