Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 96 Cougar for sale...the guy is going to call Big Moose tomorrow are see what he can get for a trade in. If he doesnt get what he wants he is going to sell for a price between $2,100 to $2,300. It is in mint condition with a little under 2000 miles. it is a 2-up 550 liquid cooled, with reverse and has rear hand warmers. the sled is in really great condition no rust anywhere. the guy used all synthetic lubercation on it. Is the price range that he is going to sell it to me for reasonable. is the 96 550 2-up cougar a good machine? is it a good sled to start out on? thanks for your help guys. Oh yeah...i was very tempted to buy that Cougar that PSYCHO was selling for $5,000. im all upset now that i heard that he sold it...HAHA...Still Waiting For Winter :p SWRules

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
That sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. No major probs w/that motor. It has decent power and doesn't drink a lot of gas. If it's really that clean, I would buy it, if that's what you're looking for.

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
No offense to the 550 likers but I think you can find a sled with comparable price with more power. For example I am only asking 2k for my 96 ZRT and that has alot more hp. No, I am not trying to turn this into a classified. :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
No offense ARCTICZRT600 but those who are looking for a starter sled aren't normally looking for the most horsepower for the dollar. I agree that the ZRT6 is an awsome trail sled but the 550 should be just fine.
The price sounds fair and would be a good starter 2-up trail sled.
Good luck with the sled.

·
Registered
442 Posts
if you are just starting out you shouldn't be disappointed with the power the 550 puts out i had a 95 cougar and it would run side by side with ZR 580's til top end and it also drank a less gas than the 580's from what i remember the 550 had very good mid range power and was a pig to pull over when its about 30 below

good luck with the sled the 550's are bulletproof motors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts