Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group,
Well we finally got some snow in Upstate NY (Albany Area) Started sled up no problem. Ran around the field a few times and brought it back to house, it was idling a little high (2800) then in a few mins it went down to 1500-1600. When I went to start off again, in bogged out and shut down.Half choke and it started up one pull or 2, but to get it going you had to play with throtle. Then when it got up to about 3000 it was ok. It bogged out every time from a stop. Runs great(I think, new sled to me)
Has lots of pep. Any help would be great. More snow coming this weekend.
Thanks
Skip

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Group,
Well we finally got some snow in Upstate NY (Albany Area) Started sled up no problem. Ran around the field a few times and brought it back to house, it was idling a little high (2800) then in a few mins it went down to 1500-1600. When I went to start off again, in bogged out and shut down.Half choke and it started up one pull or 2, but to get it going you had to play with throtle. Then when it got up to about 3000 it was ok. It bogged out every time from a stop. Runs great(I think, new sled to me)
Thanks
Skip[/b]
HI CHECK YOUR BATTEY VOLTAGE AND STATOR OUTPUT . COULD BE LOW VOLTS BEEN THERE BATTERY IS EVERYTHING IF EFI LOU

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Group,
Thanks
Skip[/b]
My sled was doing the exact thing and it was carb problems. I found that the main jet was 150 in stead of a 175 and the pilot jet was cloged bad. Clean your carbs out real good and check your jets sizes. Also check on your air screw adjustment to make sure you are at the right number of turns. It should have a sticker under the hood that will tell you which jets at what altitude you are at. Then make sure your carbs are in sink. The way I do this is rev up the engine and pull one of the spark plug wires and listen to the drop in rpm's. If it really drops it means that that carb is carring a lot of the load. Do this to each wire and if one does not drop the rpms much that one need the idle adjustment screwed in to give it more fuel. I do this several times on each one to get them dialed in the best I can. It has really helped me with mine, Good Luck

Hope this helps!

Sherman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts