Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone help me with installing a sc-10 out of a 1998 skidoo have had several people tell me this could be done easily need some tips any help would be nice thanks

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I put an Arctic Cat suspension in my 96 Vmax. The only issue was the bolt holes in the Vmax body are 10mm and the bolts on an Arctic Cat suspension are 3/8". I don't know if Doo uses metric or SAE, but if it's SAE you won't be able to use the old mounting holes because the 10mm holes are bigger. That was not an issue for me, I made all new holes. Just basically stick the suspension in there and figure out where you want the front to be mounted. Drill and mount the front first. Be 100% sure you are getting the new holes in exactly the same place on both sides and if the new mounting point isn't reinforced, reinforce it. Take care with the location of the rear holes, be sure the track can't drag against the front torque arm. Use your best judgement to make sure it is mounted in a usable way and if you don't think you know enough to do that don't do it yourself. I've upgraded/swapped skids on two different sleds, it takes a little time but was essentially very simple.

The quickest way to actually get the skids in and out is, in my experience, take out the rear bolts first, then the front, then find a way to safely lift the rear end of the sled body way up in the air, like 4 feet or so, but keeping the skis on the ground, and reach in there and the skid just pops out. The conventional way is turning the sled on it's side but I find that a lot harder and you lose fluid and scratch up your finish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You know you can buy one for a yamaha...I think its the same...its called a transfer rod kit...it replaces your stock control rods...lets you adjust where the suspension cupples...make ur sled standon its hells or lighten up the skisk just a bit...$80.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts