Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
check for the fourth oil line that goes to the pto bearing! If not it only has 3. Prone to crank problems. How many miles? Is it stock or have aftermarket parts on it,ie... pipes! I have a 97 with the 4th oil line and have 0 problems other than oil and plugs.Not a rocket by todays standards so dont let the 600 triple thing fool ya! LOL. Just my .02 cents  

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Your talking about a sled that made sled of the year, what else would you like to know? XLT's do not run the problematic
XCR engine. Compare it to the newest machines available and it doesn't look very good. Compared to machines it's own age
and price range and it's a very good buy.
AL

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to imply they all had problems, only a far higher percentage than a Polaris should be. Would I buy one, and then be surprised if it had a crank failure while I owned it?
Sorry, but no and no.

To sit there and tell a potential buyer who has asked a direct question regarding that motor anything else would pretty much defeat the purpose of answering his question.

If you believe the reputation that motor has is not well deserved, well, you've got your head in the sand.

Please, don't believe for a second that I am not a huge fan of the Polaris triple. You couldn't be further from the truth. I own 4 of them personally and most of the guys I run with are also on them. I just don't have much nice to say about that one.
AL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts