Snowmobile World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I rode this sled it was very hard starting and would die easily. Once you got it started it was either run at an idle or full speed, it would just fall on its face in between. We tried to mess with it this year and now it will not even start and it has no spark. Does anyone know what will cause this, someone told me the stator or the CDI but i do not want to throw 600 bucks at a guess. We pulled out the stater today but i do not know how to tell if it is bad or not. If anyone could help i would appreciate it. By the way it is not the efi it has dual carbs.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Did you try holding the throttle lever open a little when you were checking for spark? Could be the throttle pos sensor.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Wouldn't recommend pulling the stator out just to check it. If indeed it had no spark did you try the obvious...new plugs, check plug caps (resistors I believe), kill switch, key switch, wiring harness etc..

Not sure on your sled but both my 90 and 91 had switches on the carbs that would kill the ignition if it thought the throttle was stuck open. Apparently they were troublesome and had been disconnected on both sleds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts