1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
it is about 120 hp.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have a 98 670 and I was told 117hp so its all around there somewhere.

·
Registered
417 Posts
95 and 96 Mach 1's are 125 hp. Twin pipes, 44mm carbs, 501 valve, short boots. Gut the airbox, up 3 mains and raise needle one notch and your set.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've always seen them run in the 115-117 area.  I dont think they are near the 95 Mach 1 area.  They had huge carbs on them.  I think 44mm.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I  doo believe that a mxz 670 is faster then a twin piped mach,
even though the mach has more power.

·
Registered
875 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Krusty @ April 08, 2002, 5:46pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">95 and 96 Mach 1's are 125 hp. Twin pipes, 44mm carbs, 501 valve, short boots. Gut the airbox, up 3 mains and raise needle one notch and your set.[/b][/quote]
what will this do for me?
and will it leave me in fear of a melt-down

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
anytime you make changes to carburation and exhaust you have to watch for burndown..but once you get it tuned in properly, you shouldn't have to worry about it again

·
Registered
417 Posts
alscool, the stuff I listed, you already have. Those are the differences between the Mach and the std. 670. Gutting the box really wakes them up. If you are not familiar with jetting I would leave it stock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey "MR670"
670 MX-Z beating a 95 or 96 MACH 1, NOT A CHANCE!!!!!!!
I have a 96 MACH 1(stock except for gutted airbox and 1" paddle track) and I consistantly beat up on my freinds 97 MX-Z 670 and another 98. This is from a dead stop or on the lake
( even with the bigger lug track with closed windows on the track & 192 1-1/4" studs)

·
Registered
875 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MOOVS @ April 10, 2002, 08:29am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">670 MX-Z beating a 95 or 96 MACH 1, NOT A CHANCE!!!!!!!
I have a 96 MACH 1(stock except for gutted airbox and 1" paddle track) and I consistantly beat up on my freinds 97 MX-Z 670 and another 98.[/b][/quote]
allright, thats what i like to hear

so gutting the air box will necessitate the main jet changes, more air = more fuel needed?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I never changed any jets at all, but I might try it.
Though the sleds usually come over jetted from the factory so maybe gutting the air box lets a little more air for the factory over jetting?

I constantly abuse the #### out of mine ( hold the throttle wide open for 2-3 min on the big lakes)
Mine has over 10,000 km's on it and never been apart!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
MOOVS, so whats the top end speed of your sled??  No speedos,  radar or gps,  be honest now. When  my 670 mxz was stock it radared at 110.3

·
Registered
39 Posts
I honestly don't know? The speedo readings are always different due to snow conditions. Personally I don't think it will go 110mph, maybe between 105-110.
Last year I had a 97 MACH 1(700 triple-triple), It would only do 111 on radar. Comparing to my buddies sled my 96 is just as fast ( if not faster) to 75mph as my 97 was but the triple was faster on the top end I believe. My 97 had an all open window 3/4 lug track with 144 in it( better top end track).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also own a 95 mach 1. Bought it new. Ran it with k&n filters with no jet changes and the plugs were just fine. (wisconsin)
Yes, they are jetted rich stock because these were in such a high state of tune from the factory. If you jet too lean they will not last.
I lunched a pto crank bearing/piston from ####### around trying to get ufo's to run right. Rebuilt it and now it is completely stock. I'll probaqbly put the k&n's back on once I am comfortable that the motor is broken in after the rebuild.
I have not ridden a stock sled that pulls as hard as my 95 mach 1 up to about 80mph. Once I had the ufo's pretty close to dialed in and oh boy, did it pull hard ! (probably too hard as the bearing let go eventually!) I'll never sell this sled. Very rare. The black f body ski-doos may not handle as nimbly as recent chassis, but they are the most sinister looking sleds that ski-doo has ever come out with imo. Great lake racers.

·
Registered
875 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (robert gleason @ April 10, 2002, 11:34am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll never sell this sled. Very rare. The black f body ski-doos may not handle as nimbly as recent chassis, but they are the most sinister looking sleds that ski-doo has ever come out with imo. Great lake racers.[/b][/quote]
what is 'rare' about this sled, will it be featured on vintagesled.com in 20 years?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts