Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

My buddy just got a '97 670. Since there's no snow on the ground yet, he's wondering what kind of top speed he'll be able to push out of it (It's bone Stock, save for a 1.25 track) and how good it is off the line, or the bottom end? Thanks for all your replys,

Hodder

·
Registered
94 Posts
What model of 670 is it? MXZ, Formula Z, Etc. I have a '94 Mach 1 with the 670 and it will pull 100 to 105. And it gets there PDQ also. I Haven't been brave enough to play with gearing to get more out of it, but was told with gearing and clutch work it would see 115 or so. :huh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
What model of 670 is it? MXZ, Formula Z, Etc. I have a '94 Mach 1 with the 670 and it will pull 100 to 105. And it gets there PDQ also. I Haven't been brave enough to play with gearing to get more out of it, but was told with gearing and clutch work it would see 115 or so. :huh:[/b]
I know of 3 people with 670s they couldnt get 100 out of it with a sail and a good wind.maybe 95 but get there quick out of the hole its pretty good :blahblah:

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have seen up too 105 on radar & seen 92. It depends on how the sled is set up. With a 1.25 track on it will lose a little on the top. I find the biggest thing that hurts perforance is the clutches. Make sure they are clean & all the parts are moving freely inside :D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
105 plus seen it many times on radar

hell I got 99.7mph on radar with my 583

it might be a bit slower with 1.25 track though

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
stock with that track I say 100mph. getting there very quick. I love the torque of those 670's.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, he got the 1.25 Ripsaw track on her. The motor has pretty well been rebuilt completly (stock specs), and i belive the Clutches may be new too (stock also).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Almost picked up a 670 today for my watersled. I thought about it to long & someone else bought it. Got a good deal on some Jaws pipes & cans, & a high comp 670 head. Can't wait to get a motor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts