Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy asked me to ask this. And I'm sick of stopping all the time and watch him change plugs.

The thing eats plugs. The dealer told him to use 00's! Personally, I never heard of 00"s, but they didn't work, so the 9's keep fouling.

Would using 87 octane gas be a problem. Should he be using a higher octane in that sled?

The sled has been dismantled, carbs cleaned, and it still eats plugs. Maybe the problem is a Polaris dude worked on it.

Had the plug problem since day one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Set the float level to 21mm like the 98's, put in 45 pilot jets, make sure the air screws are at least 4 turns and get them synced perfectly. Check to make sure your oil pump isn't sticking a bit at idle.

·
Registered
319 Posts
check to see if the oil pump lever is sticking open there are two lines one on the pump & one on the lever they should line up.also the chokes could be sticking open or the cables need to be adjusted ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll pass that info along. I know he dosen't gap his plugs. And I know the colder it gets outside, the fewer plugs he replaces. The Polaris dude will know what you guys are saying.

Mr. Mach 1, your user name just reminded me of one of my favorite sled's of all time! My 1992 Mach1. I just found a picture of it. I just scanned it and saved it. Never posted a pic before, but here goes.....

Well, It ain't workin', i'll do some homework and post the pic later, I'll think you'll like it. Its 420,000 bites!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If the problem gets better as it gets colder it must be too rich.If it was too much oil I don't think the temp would affect it.I would check the choke cable adjustments and the jetting.Also make sure the needles are where they're supposed to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts