Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What chasis does this have, and are their any problems with this year? thinking of buying one

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
f chassis,they a great sleds don't hesistate if its in good condition and price is right.that is my favorite year mach.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
97 is the first year for the 809 engine, and the most HP of the stock Machs. They have the SC10 long travel susp. and are a pretty good all around sled. They make great lake rockets!

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (800MXZ @ Aug. 16, 2002, 08:53am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">97 is the first year for the 809 engine, and the most HP of the stock Machs. They have the SC10 long travel susp. and are a pretty good all around sled. They make great lake rockets![/b][/quote]
Really?  The most stock hp MAchZ was in '97?  What was it?  The pipe shape?  i.e. none of that "stinger center exit" crap like in the CK3?

Interested.......

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dooman @ Aug. 16, 2002, 07:26am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">f chassis,they a great sleds don't hesistate if its in good condition and price is right.that is my favorite year mach.[/b][/quote]
Was the F2000 chassis much heavier than the CK3 chassis with regards to the Z?

I always found that the F2000 chassis was more comfortable than the CK3 anyway.  It feels like your arms are too short on the CK3.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LabradorBoy @ Aug. 16, 2002, 2:17pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The most stock hp MAchZ was in '97?  What was it?  The pipe shape?  i.e. none of that "stinger center exit" crap like in the CK3?[/b][/quote]
I've been told the 97 made the most HP also and that starting in 98 it was a little "detuned". The 98 was the
year for center dump pipes and I believe that the 99 pipes
made the most HP

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If I remember right the 97 had 147 H.P. The 99 and up have 156. I had the F chassi for many years and it does not handle as good as the CK-3, I think probably because the engine sits about 2" lower in the chassi. The hood design on the CK-3 is way more areodinamic [not how it's spelled] but I think the CK-3 is about 10# heavyier. The 97 would be an excellent grass or ice racer.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The 97 has the better ignition, and from what I was told the 97 pipes work quite well. While I have no dyno runs to back it up, I think the 97 had 153-154 HP.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I had a 95 FIII 600 and loved how that sled handled. While not the best bump machine, on a smooth trail or hardpack it carved great.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I know a guy that has a pretty fast 97 .where you at Zmachman.yeah its not a ditch banger but it rocks for drags or lake runs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts