Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me with my suspension problem. when i push down on the back of my sled it seems to bottom out right away with no rebound, however if i lift up on the back of the sled the suspension raises about 3 to 4 inches. i was thinking i might need shocks or torsion springs but don't know forsure.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Sounds like the rear arm is seizing up. Try loosening suspension linkage bolts till the binding goes away then you'll know which arm is rusted stuck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last year i lowered my suspension to the bottom hole at the rear of my tunnel to give me a little more clearance is this an alright thing to do? what are the best type of rear shocks to get for my 1997 mxz 670 and are kimpex good or not? does anybody know if you have to take your track sprockets off when you change you heat exchangers or can you do it by removing our suspension.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
im thinking you need both shocks and spring. as for the other question no jsut the suspension. kimpes are ok shocks but nothing great.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
do you grease your suspension??

and Time is right partially as most likely being a 10yrs old sled the springs and shocks are pooched

1 - 5 of 5 Posts