Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 MXZ 670 that is geared down on top to 24/44 with an 1-1/4 track. I also have it clutched. I am looking for some motor mods now. Thinking about getting the HO pipe and can or shortening the stock y pipe. What do you think about 501 RV and shorty boots? Also considering a thicker base gasket and shaving the head. How about porting? I am looking for more power, however I still want to run regular fuel and have it be dependable.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 1997 MXZ 670 that is geared down on top to 24/44 with an 1-1/4 track. I also have it clutched. I am looking for some motor mods now. Thinking about getting the HO pipe and can or shortening the stock y pipe. What do you think about 501 RV and shorty boots? Also considering a thicker base gasket and shaving the head. How about porting? I am looking for more power, however I still want to run regular fuel and have it be debendable.

Thanks in advance[/b]
Try porting your excaust ports,Crash dummy

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have the shorty boots,501 rotary valve,thicker base gaskets,shortened Y pipe and I was running a DNE silencer until they became illegal here in Ontario....To be honest I wish I had just left it stock so I could run regular pump gas...I don't find the mods have really made that much difference and I hate the price of premium gas these days..The sled is still very reliable and runs great but the stock 97 and up 670 is very tough to improve upon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information.
Kevin
I have the shorty boots,501 rotary valve,thicker base gaskets,shortened Y pipe and I was running a DNE silencer until they became illegal here in Ontario....To be honest I wish I had just left it stock so I could run regular pump gas...I don't find the mods have really made that much difference and I hate the price of premium gas these days..The sled is still very reliable and runs great but the stock 97 and up 670 is very tough to improve upon.[/b]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts