Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im hoping someone can help me here. Last night was my first time out on a sled we only went about 40 miles but i caught the bug. A guy i have worked with has a couple of sleds that he is selling that he hasnt rode in a couple of years and he keeps them here at the shop and Im thinking about buying one from him he just got them serviced and picked them up yesterday. He has a 1997 Ski Doo SL 500 with 499 miles on it he said he used it 2 times before he bought his new bigger sled and his wife used it once is $1800.00 a good price for this sled it looks brand new. any help would be great

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thats a little high kbb is $1220.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats what i thought but then it says that miles and extras could change the value and it only has 499 miles on it and seriously looks like it just came off the show room floor

·
Registered
795 Posts
It is a little high but it is hard to find a sled that old in that good condition. I would go over the sled good. By the sound it hasn't been used in years. Check all the bearings, pull the carbs apart ect. It could be a nice sled. Not very often you find a sled with that low of miles

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
age hurts the value more then miles. things start happning regardless of miles after a while... bearings go bad, things rust.. etc plus: people lie and that may not be the original odometer :(

I would not pay more then 1200 for that sled and neither will most. I bet you put 200-300 into it in the next month so factor that in your buying price

this coming from a guy with a 98 formula 500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts