Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of a 97 xlt 600 triple?

·
Registered
103 Posts
What do you think of a 97 xlt 600 triple?[/b]

X-12 is good. The 97 engine was updated with oilers on the pto bearings. Definitely better than the 96 and prior. If it's a good price, i would buy it. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for 1050 and it has xtra-10 suspension

·
Registered
103 Posts
for 1050 and it has xtra-10 suspension[/b]

X-10 is even better for performance. If it's got 38mm carbs, then it's the HO motor, 34mm is the lower output. Good either way, but the HO engines are better performance. 1050 seems low honestly so i'd check it over well. Make sure everything is in good condition, if not, then use that to get them down even further. I'm guessing it's got high miles as well. If possible, do a compression check before you buy. Good luck. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
73 Posts
From my experience i would never buy another triple. I had that exact same sled, it was a rmk with a 133" track. it had 1200 miles when i bought it. i put 97 miles on it. in that time i replaced the needles and seats, and the crankshaft bearings went out. so one of my pistons kept going up and hitting the bottom of the spark plug. and i took it apart and the crank was junk. so rather than spending the money to buy a new engine, i just parted it out. and still owe about 1000 on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts