Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 1997 venture starts and idles just fine. Can not get it to go over 50. sputters on top end. I cleaned the carbs, replaced the gas(not oil), and checked the spark. Nice blue spark. Also cleaned airbox. When I start the sled, the diagnostic light blinks 3 times. I am wondering if there is some sort of sensor on this sled that will not allow it to run right if the ignition is not on. I lost the key and just unplugged the harness to make it run. I also have a different exhaust on it. I wonder if that could stop it from breathing right? Plugs are showing rich. I rode it around about 15 miles, and cannot get it to clean itself out. Can bad injection oil make it not fire right? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just rode it about ten minutes, and lights started to flicker. Messed with harness and it came back on fine, but went out again. wondering if the stator could be going bad. What other symptoms would there be f it was a stator. heated warmers work great and I imagine the stator powers those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a similar problem with my '97 600sx it tops out around 60mph sometimes 80mph it varies. Should top out at just over 100mph. It's suckin down a ton of oil compared to my wifes 500 Vmax. 3 quarters of a tank of oil gone after 120 miles seems like alot. My wife burns only a quarter of a tank in 120 miles. It almost sounds like mine is getting loaded up and only firing on one cylinder at times. I may have the same problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a similar problem with my '97 600sx it tops out around 60mph sometimes 80mph it varies. Should top out at just over 100mph. It's suckin down a ton of oil compared to my wifes 500 Vmax. 3 quarters of a tank of oil gone after 120 miles seems like alot. My wife burns only a quarter of a tank in 120 miles. It almost sounds like mine is getting loaded up and only firing on one cylinder at times. I may have the same problem.[/b]
any ideas?????????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts