Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know how tall of a track i can put on my 1997 arctic cat zl 440. it only has a .75 on it right now, and i do alot of off trail riding so i want to go as high as possible without hitting the heat exchangers, or the bulk head. i need a straight answer cause i dont want to mess up my sled. any help would be great! thanx

·
Registered
442 Posts
i had the same sled and remember being a fair amount of space between the track and the front bulk head i think you could probably go as high as a 1.375 but if i were you i wouldn't put more than a 1.25 on it because it will slow you waaaay! down with that 440

even a 1 inch would give you a fair amount of bite but depending on how you ride and snow conditions and if respectable speed means anything to you i definitely would put as little track as possible on that sled it certainly isn't a speed demon but definitely had good power compared to the 98 and newer ZL 440's i would continuously beat the crap from start to finish racing a 2000 ZL 440 versus my 97 it wasn't even close

1 - 2 of 2 Posts