Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I bought one new in 96. I loved it the first year and grew to hate it after that. 14 months old clutch broke in half, very common on these sleds. The next year it just quit and I checked it out burned a piston and of course it took the cylinder out. Cause, rotted boot from the throttle body, looked like it was ten years old and had been outside all its life. My truck will sit outside but my sled NEVER, except if I go overnighting to a hotel. Its usually in the garage at home or the cabin. Of course cat wouldn't help me on it because I fixed it myself ( I am a mechanic)  because I didn't want it tied up for weeks. 500 miles the pipe splits whilst riding and of course burns it up again taking out a cylinder again. I fixed it and sold it. I saw it at a swap meet last year (I know it was mine all custom painted with a frog on the hood), and of course the guy recognized me and asked if I wanted to buy it back. I told him "no thanks I already owned that pos once". He said "well it has a new engine,clutch and pipe now" I laughed and walked away. Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts