Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a common thing on the 1997 Zrt 600's for the clutch side front motor mount plate too engine to brake?  This is just what I have heard and my cousins sled did this last spring and we are going to fix it soon has Artic act fix the problem with a updated part.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I have seen a few of them break. I repaired one and I found that after I had bolted the new motor mount bracket to the eng. that the rubber motor mount to the bracket holes did not line up. Now I could of used a pry bar to lign up the holes so I could get the bolt in but that would of put additiona sidways strain on the bracket. So I removed the bracket and elongated the hole in the bracket so it ligned up with the mount. I had to use a larger flat washer so the bolt head would not dig into the bracket. That was around 4000 mi. ago and so far so good. I don't know if they improved the strength of the bracket and the one we installed looked just like the old one.

Auggie

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey good call snofrog.  That is what happened the rear motor mount to jackshaft broke and loosed up every thing and then the front one just could not hold the pressure and the front mount mount broke.  The rear looks like the it has been broke for a long time.  But we removed it and welded it up stronger than oem now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts