Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a complete skid at Haydays. Will this give the wife's Formula SL a better trail ride? Any advice on setup?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Better trail ride? For sure.The tunnel on the formula z's had reinforcing plates for the front arms......ya may wanna look into that.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
that is the arm skid right? I did not care for it the one I rode bottomed out all the time.the guy who owned the sled was about 60 lbs heavier than me also.on groomed, smooth trails though it is much better.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have the ARM suspension and I like it. Yeah it did bottom out on the really rough stuff but it was oh so smooth on everything else. What I really think it nees was to be stiffer at the end of travel. So does AD Boivin who designed the skid so I put a pair of their springs on it and new shocks all the way around. Thats something else you might think about, new shocks. I was told because of the design they tend to over work the shocks and they wear out in about 2000 miles. Mine had 3200 on then so hopefully it will ride better now. I'll let you know how it works. Wish I could test it out today! All in all I think it would be a great suspension for your wife unless shes SnoX's. Next time I am home I will check the tunnel bracing for you. Shouldnt be hard as my whole skid is out.
           Ryan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I stopped at a dealer who has a FZ 670 and a SL for sale. Took measurements off both sleds. Front mount will use existing brace, but I will have to add a plate for the rear mounting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts