Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in new CDI and plugs. Compression both sides is 125. When I start the sled it idles fine and after its warmed up I try to rev it up to engage clutch but will not go above 3900 rpm. I removed the belt to ensure it wasn't causing the bogging from the track/drive system. I then removed the airbox and started it up. As I accelerate the engine thru 3900 rpm the intake sound changes dramatically and a fuel/gas mist starts coming backwards out both carbs. I put my hand close to the carb intakes and the suction reverses at this 3900 rpm and changes to a reverse airflow spraying this mist onto my hand??????????? The harder I squeeze the throttle, the more mist comes out of the intake side of the carb, but the RPM remains constant at 3900.

Please help!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just put in new CDI and plugs. Compression both sides is 125. When I start the sled it idles fine and after its warmed up I try to rev it up to engage clutch but will not go above 3900 rpm. I removed the belt to ensure it wasn't causing the bogging from the track/drive system. I then removed the airbox and started it up. As I accelerate the engine thru 3900 rpm the intake sound changes dramatically and a fuel/gas mist starts coming backwards out both carbs. I put my hand close to the carb intakes and the suction reverses at this 3900 rpm and changes to a reverse airflow spraying this mist onto my hand??????????? The harder I squeeze the throttle, the more mist comes out of the intake side of the carb, but the RPM remains constant at 3900.

Please help!!!!!!!![/b]

Is the exhaust blocked? Nest?

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Is the exhaust blocked? Nest?[/b]
Sure sounds like it. Put the belt back on, loosen the exhaust a little and see what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,

Took off the exhaust and it was exactly the same (although much louder to the disapproval of my neighbours). I have already had the snowmobile out 4 or 5 times this year with no problems. The reason I put in the new CDI was because one of the leads broke out of the old one. Any ideas? Could my new CDI be bad, or weak stator or what?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts