Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that one of the not so exciting things on my MachZ is the stock pipes. I would like to find a set of stock '99 or 2000 pipes and muffler for it. I've also had the track ratchet on me even when you can play a tune on it!(tight) Can that be from the limiter strap being adjusted too long?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
100 Posts
it all depends who you talk to about the 98 mach,i had no real serious problems with mine except a stator.there were definitely some issues with this machine but i'm not so sure it had anything to do with the center dump pipes.turn up your oil pump a tad to try to protect the crank.i had 3200 miles on mine and nothing other than the stator which can go on any given ski-doo.if your thinking of switching to the end dump pipes,iwould just go and buy a newer one.the cost is not worth it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have a least 6-8 buddys with machz's  and  believe it or not the 98 is the fastest of the bunch, it's  stock with a goodwin clutch kit.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
wouldn't the center dump pipes give you more torque?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I would check your drive chain tension for the ratcheting problem. My 95 zrt800 was ratcheting and then the chain broke.  
I don't know if your sled would have a manual tensioner or if it is spring loaded.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Chillyd66, I have the same sled. Check your front arm in the rear suspension for cracks or a missing mounting bolt. The bottom bolts have a tendancy to come loose and/or the arm can develope hairline cracks where the vertical tubes are welded to the bottom horizonatl shaft (the shaft/tube where the mounting bolts become loose). I found mine cracked after the second year and Doo replaced it free of charge with a thicker, stronger front arm (I have also lost one of the bottom bolts a couple of times which resulted in track ratcheting).

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Put a pair of A.D. Bolvin couplers on it. They not only provide flat cornering but eliminate the dreaded ratching. My 1 1/2 track hangs down about 1.5 inches and never ratchets and rolls a lot eaiser too..

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you are interested I have a set of JAWS pipes that are out of my 98 mach z that I am going to sell let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RockZ, I did have to fix the lower end of the front swing arm already. I just re-welded it, didn't realize Doo would help with it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My understanding is that it is not a recall but if you have a problem with cracking they will replace it with an updated thicker front arm. My problem occured about a year after the warranty was up. My Dealer said Doo may cover it as they had had some problems but he will have to look into it. Sure enough they did!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts