Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I just have a question. One of my friends has a :(1998 Polaris Indy 500 2-up touring and thinks he will beat my :D1989 Ski-Doo Formula MX 462 dual carbs, liquid, rebuilt motor.

I'm not sure of yet who will win but i am dieing to have the race.

What do u think will win?? In either accelaration or top end speed??

Ok, thanks in advance.

mx_462SWRules

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Indy 500 :p

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would say the indy 500 if the clutching is ok. I have a freind that has a 94 470 st and I had a 97 indy 500 and I would get him each time we raced! ;)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How fast would the indy go? And how fast did the formula get going?

Did the mx beat the indy in accelaration? I'm coming to think it should of. :D O well i'll just have to clutch mine and get performance exhaust and then we'll see who'll win!:devil:

·
0 Posts
i have a 93 500 classic and a friend has a 91 (i think) mx470, both machine are stock with the exception of my indy being rebuilt.20 over, both weight around 205lbs and every time we line up ill take him every time doesnt matter if its 500' 1000' or the lenght of a small lake, so i say to you......good luck.

last season my indy radared at 92.4 mph, not with me on it a friend that weighted only 180 lbs, i was quite shocked, i was told it would be lucky to reach 90.

good luck :devil:

·
Registered
678 Posts
If they were both new, the Indy 500. But you never know when they start getting old, how they are cared for etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's the great part about racing. All the talk in the world doesn't matter until you line them up. Then the trash talking really can begin. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts