Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 1998 powder Extreme 600 that was given to her by her brother who just purchased a 2004 800. My question is, are there any websites that you can buy good accessories for this sled. I'm having a hard time finding parts, which I think is due to the fact that it was only made for two years. Can anyone help me with fixin this sled up so its presentable on the mountain??????

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dennis Kirk and Royal Distributing for aftermarket stuff and Arctic Cat for OE stuff. That chassis and body work was around for more than two years, so there will be plenty of stuff available. The OE web sites may not have good listings of accessories, but dealers will be able to help you find things that will fit that model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tell us what you need and I`m sure we can help you out ie stock parts, aftermarket hop ups , suspension , body ,motor , track[/b]

Ok, I need a set of hand warmers. It has a set on it now, but they suck. I also need new grips. I need a new snow flap and a handlebar cover. By "handlebar cover" I mean something to go over the bars and cover the wires and stuff that lead to the grips and throttle. Also, does anyone know how to adjust the throttle tension? My wife is a small woman and her thumb gets tired from pushing the throttle down. I would also like to know if they make chrome windshields for these sleds, I cant seem to find any on the web site I use. Any help would be great!!!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Ok, I need a set of hand warmers.
hot grips would kill 2 birds with one stone here .they replace your existing grips with new and the warmers are built in some come with a rheostat ( dial or multi position switch for hi/med/low operation) to give you some adjustability

I also need new grips
if you decide to get new grips without warmers your dealer can hook you up with some from a firecat or whatever also ebay has a large supply of different styles just make sure they dont have flanges on them or you will need to cut them off to clear the throttle and maybee the brake lever

I need a new snow flap and a handlebar cover
both of these items would pop up on ebay .type in zrt/zr/zl to expand your search and I`m sure you will find some .also try our classifieds ,our member BossHoss was parting out one of these chassis or pm him . he is a good guy and will help you out if he can

. Also, does anyone know how to adjust the throttle tension? My wife is a small woman and her thumb gets tired from pushing the throttle down
.taking a few coils out of the springs that push down on the slides will reduce the required effort but I would suggest anything other than that as it isnt the safest thing to do considering the carbs would be more apt to freeze in an open position

. I would also like to know if they make chrome windshields for these sleds, I cant seem to find any on the web site I use. Any help would be great!!!!

I have never seen a mirrored windscreen for that chassi however a trip to your local hoopty car parts store could yield some mirrored window film for cars/trucks that could easily be applied to your existing windscreen
. anything else just let us/me know

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotemain'>
Ok, I need a set of hand warmers.
hot grips would kill 2 birds with one stone here .they replace your existing grips with new and the warmers are built in some come with a rheostat ( dial or multi position switch for hi/med/low operation) to give you some adjustability

I also need new grips
if you decide to get new grips without warmers your dealer can hook you up with some from a firecat or whatever also ebay has a large supply of different styles just make sure they dont have flanges on them or you will need to cut them off to clear the throttle and maybee the brake lever

I need a new snow flap and a handlebar cover
both of these items would pop up on ebay .type in zrt/zr/zl to expand your search and I`m sure you will find some .also try our classifieds ,our member BossHoss was parting out one of these chassis or pm him . he is a good guy and will help you out if he can
. Also, does anyone know how to adjust the throttle tension? My wife is a small woman and her thumb gets tired from pushing the throttle down
.taking a few coils out of the springs that push down on the slides will reduce the required effort but I would suggest anything other than that as it isnt the safest thing to do considering the carbs would be more apt to freeze in an open position
. I would also like to know if they make chrome windshields for these sleds, I cant seem to find any on the web site I use. Any help would be great!!!!

I have never seen a mirrored windscreen for that chassi however a trip to your local hoopty car parts store could yield some mirrored window film for cars/trucks that could easily be applied to your existing windscreen
. anything else just let us/me know[/b]

Sweet!!!!! thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts