Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of these sled and i was wondering what i could do to make them a bit lighter. my dad and i play on sledding through some deep snow and from what i hear this sled will plow right through it!! any suggestions about what i could do to lighten the load, and make it glide ontop of powery snow a little better? THANKS

Andrew

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought one of these sled and i was wondering what i could do to make them a bit lighter. my dad and i play on sledding through some deep snow and from what i hear this sled will plow right through it!! any suggestions about what i could do to lighten the load, and make it glide ontop of powery snow a little better? THANKS

Andrew[/b]
I bought a 99 vmax 700 last season, it will go in the deep stuff if you hammer, let off and you get a white wash, I didnt have problems getting stuck though

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would ask the seller or maybe a dealer to find out if it had the crankshaft updates. They were known for twisting cranks, and they went to a welded crank under a recall.

As far as lightning up, not much there to do short of maybe some lightweight trailing arms.

Extrovert drivers (10 tooth if they will fit) will be a great help especially ifi riding off trail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts