Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the 1998 yamaha srx 700 and it has 4000 km on it and i have driven yet and i was wondering is it a reliable sled? is the gas mileage on it good?

·
Registered
496 Posts
The gas mileage high and oil consumption is low . Im sure the crank was rewelded by now . Other than that it fast sled

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
he mean it gets good gas mileage

and there was a crank recall and most cranks would have been fixed by now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he mean it gets good gas mileage

and there was a crank recall and most cranks would have been fixed by now[/b]

Thanks!! i called yamaha motors yesterday and i gave them my serial number and they said there were two recalls on the sled.they looked in there book i guess and they said both the recalls were fixed on my sled. i went outside and looked at the crank and the front suspesion and all the welds look to be really thick and new.. i was wondering if you knew what othere recall was on that sled..

Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
One recall was the brake bleeder . As for the rewelded crank that was only if you had problems, not recalled . The other may have been the rivets for the IFS mounting plate on the running boards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the 1998 yamaha srx 700 and it has 4000 km on it and i have driven yet and i was wondering is it a reliable sled? is the gas mileage on it good?[/b]
i bought my 98 srx 700 new from my dealer it has 6050 miles on it now.this has been one of the fastest best sleds i have ever owned.ill always keep it i bring it out when ever we go on the lakes and drag.its still one of fastest production sleds ever made.hang onto it its a keeper.they are great on fuel also.enjoy

·
Registered
393 Posts
One of the guys I ride with has a '00 700 SRX. It gets better mileage than my Phazer. He gets the best mileage and has the least problems of our group.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts