Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new sled. Can't wait to get out and ride it but for now it just sits. Then ever now and then I gota get out and start her up. :thumbsup: can't wait for this snow to come!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Congratulations on the new sled. You'll probably hear a lot of negatives because of the aggressive chassis. Most aren't true. I believe they make awesome trail machines. The white paint scheme on the 6 and 700's is probably one of the sharpest Polaris ever built.

AL

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Good choice on a '98 as the 96 was a dog, the 97 was better but the 98's are screamers and dead nuts reliable. My brother and I both bought new 96's that where terrible sleds, I moved over to AC, he bought a 98 which has in the neighborhood of 15000 miles on it with no major repairs to date.
Enjoy, thats a nice sled.

·
Registered
660 Posts
She's a real good looker, Alway MY sled of choice.

If you ever ride in the Eastern Ontario area look me up and I'll ride mine.

you can dress it up a little, don't go shy! Stand out from the crowd!

I got rid of the white windshield cover in favor of the black ones from 96. Added purple rad covers to match the arrow comming down from the "Indy", Red screen kit (trust me - droooolll)
Purple windshield bag and skidplate

I added eagle-eye blue lights (they match well the "Indy")

Yellow rear bumper and flap.

What I love the most are the "arrogant" headlights. I call them Arrogant because they really are. If you notice, the lower portion of the light shines the hood while ridding so everybody sees a mean looking white monster comming at ya! How arrogant is that! I love it!

Thats the only reason I see why Polaris would put this headlight so far out and angled in this fashion.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
He works from his house which is located on the trail system in Port Perry. He sneeks out most wintery days for a little ride. Major Droooool.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a chance to ride one last year in the only snow fall we had, I had to have one. I before had a 94 XLT - this thing dosen't even compair. Thing has balls, and 550 dry - don't notice it. For ditch banging and lake running she is awesome I think. She is bone stock, older lady that worked at Polaris had it and only rode it 800 miles. I can't wait to pull her out, aside from on the grass :devil:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I rode an 94 XLT for two years before buying my 96 XCR. Great sled but I agree a little low on go power. You switching to a 98 will work out much better than me going to a 96. Shortly after my first ride I wished the XLT hadn't sold so quickly. Hindsight is always 20/20.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts