Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both have same engine. very impressive ones I must say....

but weight differences and model shootout.

who would win?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If I remember the 1999 models correctly the MXZ versions were all HO engines and the formula models were just normal 670s..That would make the MXZ model faster..In previous years the main difference was in the supsension setup/style moreso than engine performance..The MXZ was setup to race in snocross.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have the 98 formla z and buddy doo-ski has the 99 mxz 670 ho i am picked he is not we run pretty close no big diff hole shot winner always wins

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have the 98 formla z and buddy doo-ski has the 99 mxz 670 ho i am picked he is not we run pretty close no big diff hole shot winner always wins[/b]
Funny, I got a 98 formula studded and a friend also has a 99 mxz studded and all I ever see is his tail light :cussing: Nuff to tick ya off if you get mad easy.
Their both stock but he weighs 35 or so pounds less than me.
Lots of variables, in sleds setup etc., I suppose.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm that is a close one, but the MXZ would have the high output engine with those vm44s in it too, so it'd have more power, I'd say the MXZ would win due to more power, unless you want to get more specific

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm that is a close one, but the MXZ would have the high output engine with those vm44s in it too, so it'd have more power, I'd say the MXZ would win due to more power, unless you want to get more specific[/b]

if you dont mind me asking what are vm44s?

·
Registered
33 Posts
if you dont mind me asking what are vm44s?[/b]

carbs, my Formula has vm40s and 583s and 670s usually have vm40s anything smaller usually has vm38s, but they put bigger ones on the high output 670 on that MXZ so i'd say it's one fast machine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts