Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with a 1999 Arctic Cat ZL 600. The dash lights and tail lights will get real bright and then the bulbs will burn out. I put in new bulbs and the same thing happened again. I researched and their is no bare wires to be found. Any suggestions on what might be my problem???

·
Registered
580 Posts
There is a voltage regulator issue. I don't remember specifics but if no one chimes in by tonight, I have a 1999 Service manual at home I'll check for you. I read about this before online but may not have had enough coffee yet to remember it....

EDIT: So far only found this: undefined that identifies what it does.

·
10,054 Posts
voltage regulator is totally shot,,, not an expensive part and it is located in the area of your chaincase, below your brake. Chances are its actually right beside where your right foot sits when you are riding,,, swap it out and your all set. its gonna get expensive if you keep replacing bulbs on it though,,,

·
10,054 Posts
have you had a chance to get the voltage regulator out yet?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The regulator listed on ebay is for an EXT 580 EFI, which used a different part numbered regulator. The non-efi'd model's regulator is the same as your ZL6.

However, your best bet would be to go to your local dealer and pick it up for around 35 bucks. It's not an expensive piece of machinery....easy to change, too. These regulators process a lot of heat, and they do fail. Unless they're really expensive, buy new. preferably OEM. I have had some luck with aftermarket ones, but they're not really that much cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts