Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Recently bought a 1999 Grand Touring SE 800. Went for a little spin on the weekend and had an electrical problem...the Instruments, lights and hand warmers all quit. I don't have a Manual for this thing but I found a blown fuse (20 amp). The Machine ran fine...Reverse worked fine. I shut it off and restarted it no problem.

I changed the fuse and fuse holder and now it won't start...absolutely no Spark...none. Is it possible that some of the handy dandy electronic stuff got fried? or does something need to be 'reset'?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by boughtjunk?@Dec 14 2004, 11:46 AM
I Recently bought a 1999 Grand Touring SE 800. Went for a little spin on the weekend and had an electrical problem...the Instruments, lights and hand warmers all quit. I don't have a Manual for this thing but I found a blown fuse (20 amp). The Machine ran fine...Reverse worked fine. I shut it off and restarted it no problem.

I changed the fuse and fuse holder and now it won't start...absolutely no Spark...none. Is it possible that some of the handy dandy electronic stuff got fried? or does something need to be 'reset'?
[snapback]375122[/snapback]​

The symptoms you describe are similiar to a problem I had. It was fixed by replacing the voltage regulator on my '97 Grand touring 583.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah...I get replies now that it's fixed :lmao: I messed with the 1 amp fuse and spark suddenly reappeared. The fuse holder was corroded and wasn't making good contact. I guess I disturbed it when I changed the other one. Anyway...I cleaned it up and it works fine.

I still don't have the Manual so have no idea what the fuse is for...I suppose somebody will now tell me that it has nothing to do with ignition :dazed:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i know it was a while since you posted but I have the same machine . No electrical except the starter turns over but does not engage No fuses blown machine started this summer in the shed. any one with ideas ? I looked for relays but could not see where they may be located.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts