Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone. So, we are looking to buy a second sled this year and the old lady and I decided on a 1999 Mach 1. I like it cause I've worked on my 99 Mach Z and know it inside out and she likes it cause it looks pretty and is powerful! The other thing we thought the 2 sleds sittin on the trailer together would look pretty cool! So I recall a post several months ago of a guy buying one of these....infact I used that pic to show her what it looks like! Now I am wondering what, if any were the trouble spots with these sleds? I know my Z had stator issues, I would assume the Mach 1 would be in the same boat? Are there any other "weak spots" look at and consider. Anyone owers have any reviews or advice they wish to give? STrengths or shortcomings? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Engine wiring harness rub through under the left hand side causing missfire and making the DESS system enable for no reason. Brake rotor becomes loose on the jackshaft (worn out keyway). Suspension needs coupling (AD Bovin, Royal dist SC 10 kit) to handle stutter bumps on the trail.
Generally a very reliable 700 triple.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts