4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 sks 700 and would like to improve low end and mid range
speed. I need some good ideas that work. The sled is all stock

:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Smoker, I have the same sled as you and here is what I did, if my poor old frostbitten mind will remember correctly. Where I rode the elevation was approx. 1650'. First of all I rejetted, 188 mag/ 182 pto. Boost bottle and Boysen reeds. All of these cleaned up the bottom end bog. Some put different needles but I chose not to. Then I wanted to get rid of some top end and get some really strong midrange so I when with 10-62weights. Erlandson 145/300 prim spring 56/102 black sec. 1st hole and a 44-36 helix. I also geared down two sizes on the top 21/40. As earlier noted this gear change will require a new chain as well. This worked well for me and I really like the combination. My sled has a slight overrev and then hangs on steady at 8,000 rpm. If you want a really good book to get you on track with clutching I strongly recommend you get Olav Aaen's Clutch Tuning Handbook. Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. I can still use some more ideas. With
no snow in MN yet i will spend the time working on my
sled

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I had a 99 SKS 700 before..........I bought it for 4300 and rode it for part of the year.......sold it next fall for 5000 cash....I think It was all stock accept for a boost bottle and it worked good. I know That Vforce Reeds will clean up the bottom end stumble and that would have been my only complaint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts