Snowmobile World banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i would bring the sled too but i dont think itll be finished.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I'm willing to be like one of those surgical nurses who hands the Doctors the instruements they need to perform the procedure they are doing. In other words I will hand the wrenches to the mechanics... :D

Snow4

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
lol, that would be cool. Thanks for reading snow4. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm pretty sure I could come help with the wrenching. My sled isn't coming since it a brand new motor and all, but I'm always up for stupid tricks like riding across water.

I have the day open as of now. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
any updates idooski? did you call the guy? Im about 75% sure i can make it. Ill know the wednesday before if i can go for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:blahblah: Hey all---I can supply all the info needed for the Baroda NIMBY Lake race.
First, that phone number posted, chances are slim to none of catching Marky on that. Call him for general info at 269-369-4268. Or call Jay @ 269-426-0525 for racer info.
Admission is $10 for adults, 12 and under are free. Partial proceeds go to Cancer society, Marky just wants to re-coup what he has put in $$ and then have fun!
Hot food will be cooking on the BBQ, unsure of cost, but reasonable I'm sure, BRING YOUR OWN BEER! alchohal is allowed, but can't be sold at the event.
All racers must have helmet, lifevest and min of 20' of 1/2 inch rope with flotation device.
My hubby was over there tonight, we got 5 inches of rain last night, and says the water is looking pretty sweet!
Here is a linki to a fairly decent google map-- http://www.google.com/maps?q=Baroda,+MI,+U...ap&ct=title
Easy access from 94, 12 or 31
Email me or call Mark or Jay of you need anything!
Hoe to see ya all there--it has been darn near a bloody fight to get this and we really want it to be a great success so we can continue next year and the year after!

·
Administrator_X
5,122 Posts
Yeah, that first number wasn't working too good. Thanks for the map, but we already know where Baroda is. Can you shed some light on where the pond is at?

I'm trying to work it out guys... I'm having trouble convincing someone that everything will be okay. I also have to convert my sled back to all stock panels before I would be able to race it on water. It's more time consuming than you might think. Too many open holes. Maybe I could just use lots of extra duct tape. I may just have to try to borrow a left side door. I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pond is out behind his house on his 100 acre parcel. On race day the drives will be marked. He lies in a white farm house and there is a big barn out back that says "Empty Pockets". You can actually see it (the property in general) pretty good on Google Earth, although it isn't current enough to see the pond.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Keith you need my panels let me know.

I wont be able to join the pit crew. I am going to be a single dad that weekend so going up for the day would be beyond my superdad powers w00t

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
hey 2follman, just curious, how are you associated with mark? Its carzy how info travels. I live in stevensville and i should be there.

I put and event in facebook and invited a bunch of people. Ill update the info and all. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey 2follman, just curious, how are you associated with mark? Its carzy how info travels. I live in stevensville and i should be there.

I put and event in facebook and invited a bunch of people. Ill update the info and all. Thanks![/b]

My hubby and I live out here near Mark. I used to do some Ebaying for him when he still had his junk shop. The "boys" like to blow stuff up together and all sorts of other crazy schemes.....
Just got back from an impromptu picnic with Mark and the gang, told him about this site and i tickled him pink! All these grown men are just bout doing cartwheeels they are all so excited, he is looking forward to seeing you all! Amy

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
thats good. I read it in the herald palladium and figured i better put it on this site to get more attention.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah, that first number wasn't working too good. Thanks for the map, but we already know where Baroda is. Can you shed some light on where the pond is at?

I'm trying to work it out guys... I'm having trouble convincing someone that everything will be okay. I also have to convert my sled back to all stock panels before I would be able to race it on water. It's more time consuming than you might think. Too many open holes. Maybe I could just use lots of extra duct tape. I may just have to try to borrow a left side door. I'll keep ya posted.[/b]

Let me know keith. I'll even come over and help prep the sled with you. Gobles is a short drive after work for me. I can leave by 3 a night or 2 if needed. I got my permission slip signed, so if this works out, I'm in!!

Keep me posted.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah im free all next week to come and help. Gobles is about 50 minutes away. I do nothing during the week so that would get me out of the house.

How do you get t-shirts for this event? I was at the gas station in town at the corner of john beers and cleveland and i seen a guy wearing a shirt for this.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I mapquested it from where i live and its 12 minutes away. So from my dads house it will be about 45 minutes.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts